You can improve your life better, if you have somebody who can help you to push yourself further and further.
Pushing sometimes means doing nothing at all too. It depends on your needs and goals.
The qualities of a good mentor
- Is well educated
- Motivates and inspires you
- Has good listening and overall communication skills
- Always gives you honest and direct feedback
- Encourage you to step out of your comfort zone
- Practice what he preaches
- Can be present and open
- Respects you
These are also a qualities of a good friend.
My mentor is currently my therapist to some extent. I also look at some other people as my mentors.
What about you, do you have a mentor and why (or why not)?