It doesn’t take much to make our lives a bit better and there is a huge difference between doing a little or doing nothing.
This is my list of little things that can make life a bit better
- Going to bed early and staying in it for a bit longer in the morning
- A short massage
- Beautiful views
- Taking random pictures
- Jumping through and into puddles
- Staring at the snow, falling down or just staring at the sky
- Cold showers during the hot day
- Short naps
- Barefoot walking
- Making myself some healthy and tasty meals
- Drawing things that look like they were drawn by a 3 year old, but you really enjoy the process and you’re drawing them anyway
- The moment when the coffee kicks in (or that antidepressant/other drug, you were waiting to finally take the full effect)
- The feeling you get after a nice walk
- Finally crying after a period of “I can’t cry, but I’d need to”
- Kindness (you know the saying “You get what you give“)
- Random hi from a friend or a random hi to a friend
- Actually being present here and now
This post is just another gentle reminder. Things you already know, things I already know, but we all need to be reminded from time to time. To take care of ourselves a little bit better.
What about you, what else would you put on the list?